Friday, March 16, 2012

American Girl Doll Sleepover - October 14, 2011

We have now entered the (warped) world of American Girl Dolls.  Okay, I'll be nice.  It's just not a world I will ever understand.  But Megan loves that world, so here we are.  Megan had to earn her doll by doing chores around the house.  She completed several chores and filled up a chore chart.  We went to the AGD store (if you haven't been there...oh my...it's an experience), and she picked out Kit Kitteridge.  It was a tough decision and took several hours to accomplish one seemingly simple shopping trip.  Now she had the doll and needed to introduce her doll to other doll friends.  She declared that she needed to have an American Girl Doll sleepover.  So we invited her cousins, some friends, and all of their dolls over for a sleepover. 

 
I tried to think of something fun for them to do, rather than just eat and watch movies, and of course I can't do anything too simple.  I decided to let them stage a photo shoot with their dolls and then make scrapbooks with the pictures they took.  They scoured the house and used just about everything they could find to make into props or outfits.  They were also very excited to use my cameras.  I found it quite amusing and just loved watching them be so creative.




No comments: