Megan the parrot. Oh, sometimes I never know what's coming next. We went to her new friend Georgia's house. Georgia and her family are very new to Texas from Australia, so they have awesome accents. I could just listen to them talk all day.
Megan: Are dese coloring pencils? Oh, I would love to color.
G's Mommy: Would you like some paper (pronounced pape-uh)?
Megan: Oh yes, I would like some pape-uh (pronounced exactly the same). Please?
We (the moms) looked at each other and cracked up. Luckily she's been around Megan enough to realize that Megan was just doing what Megan does and not making fun of her. Megan picked up on a few other "accented words" while we were there, and I'm sure they will make it into her vocabulary very soon.
We moms spent several hours comparing the foods, schools, medical system, cultures, practices, vocabulary, etc, of our two countries. Fascinating. I even got to taste an Australian special - Vegemite.
Best Sleep Apnea Machine at Manchester
6 years ago
1 comment:
Wonderful.
Post a Comment