Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Well, shoot

Megan got progressively worse during the day, so we called the doctor. I rather dig the after-hours clinic at our pediatrician's office. We were the only ones there and got in right away. From what he heard, witnessed, and the symptoms we described, he diagnosed her with a cross between bronchitis and walking pnuemonia, perhaps one even turning into the other. We left the office with breathing treatments, a steroid, antibiotics, and cough syrup. Rewind to this time last year. But I'm glad we went in so she can get some relief. Sleep tonight? Perhaps....

Oh, I forgot the coolest thing about the doctor visit tonight...Little Bump was ferociously kicking, and Megan got to feel it. She thought that was really neat.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I'm so sorry she's so sick! Poor baby. Do they say why she's so susceptible to it? And yay, feeling the little bumps move is always fun.

gmakatz said...

So cute. Glad she got to feel 'Lil Bump. Kisses to her from Grandma and Grandpa, please. We hope she feels better and sleeps well.

Becca said...

Oh my gosh!!! That is so wonderful!!! I love when the baby starts really kicking... I am so happy for you. Relish these moments...they went too fast for me and I didn't really enjoy them like I should have. I am glad the doc was of some help. I had a baby almost die from RSV and another be hospitalized from croup twice! So, I know how those respiritory things can go. Know I am thinking of you!

Ashley said...

i'm glad you got everything figured out quickly this time. poor girl. do they think this will be a something that always happenes this time of year?