Friday, October 03, 2008

"We're all decorated up"

According to Megan, "we're all decorated up" for Halloween.

My mom always decorated for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and come to think of it very holiday for which they sold decorations (hey siblings, remember that eye-following Dracula mom would stick on the bathroom mirror?). Although when I was older it was annoying, I remember loving it as a kid. I want Megan to enjoy the holiday spirit, too. Even though I have been a bump-on-a-log in the past regarding decorations that is in the past. We'll decorate and enjoy the holiday spirit.

Granna and Gran generously donated some of their Halloween decorations, we made a few homemade ones, and we picked up a few while out shopping last week. I pretty much let Megan decide where she wanted things and let her put them there. Hence, our house looks like a 2 year old decorated for Halloween. But she had such a blast doing it! "Oh, I know...dis one should go here!" followed by the pitter-patter of her feet running to the next "perfect spot". I figure they'll all move around between now and Halloween anyway so tonight's spot might just be a temporary stop. She methodically placed each cut-out around the fireplace making sure the witch was next to the cat, etc. Each placement had an explanation.





And yes, she had to "dress-up" in a dancing dress to help decorate. Ho-hum.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Oh! How fun!! We are all decorated up too!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Too cute! And I love that she dressed up for the occasion!

gmakatz said...

Thank you. (For the 'tribute' and for letting her decorate. Can't wait to come see it.)