Thursday, October 02, 2008

Because I'm NOT Rachel Ray



Without boring you too much, I've got to load up on complex carbohydrates all day long. For those of you who are fixin' to click on google.com like I had to, I'll save you the trip: basically anything not in a box or processed. Translation: Fresh. Therefore, I'm forced to throw out the majority of what I've been eating since July 16th - frito pie included. Yikes. Now what? This pregnancy has made me extremely picky rendering foods that I would normally eat useless. I get depressed just opening the fridge or pantry because the same things stare back at me. And how many times can I eat celery and peanut butter in one day without throwing up?

I'm looking for good recipes or suggestions for fresh foods. Sadly enough, and more importantly, ways to mask the taste of veggies! I'm not a very creative cook, so I just keep doing the same things: meat, steamed veggies, fruit; repeat. Boring and gross. Many of you blow me away with your delicious cooking, so do you have any suggestions for websites or cookbooks or tips or secret family recipes? Feel free to bombard my comments or email with your brilliant and tasty contributions. I will be happy to give you credit when I dish the food to my family, and brag about you on my blog.

6 comments:

Becca said...

I am no cook, but a great way to get veggies down are these great tasting green drinks! I found out about them here, http://www.greensmoothiegirl.com. They are gooood. (If you do it right)

Are you looking for meals, snacks, sides? I am great with snacks! Like Cowboy Caviar! YUM. A great bean dip. Hmm... I will have to think of more....

The Criners said...

I love sweet potato fries...

http://sarahscucinabella.com/2008/04/07/parm-rose-sweet-potato-fries/

We're trying to eat healthier, too... if you get good recipes, pass them along!

--m.k.r. said...

try this website:
www.stephskitchen.com

the-richardson-family said...

Have you tried stir-fry? You can load it with veggies and noodles and if you find a good sauce, it masks the veggie tastes. I did NOT like veggies when I was pregnant with Karah. Also, Taco Salad worked wonders. There were just enough veggies (carrots, tomatoes, and even beans) to make it healthy, but just enough cheese, meat, and chips to take the edge off. :)

gmakatz said...

Great suggestions. What a wonderful support system! (We're available to help eat....)

karen said...

look at my other blog-- www.l4dybug.blogspot.com.. i post some receipes. i need to update it w/ more stuff..