
Right before we left for vacation, we received notice that a preschool here in our little town had an opening for Megan in the Tues/Thurs class. Apparently in my pre-pregnancy wisdom I had put her name on a few waiting lists back in March when everything was already full. Today was the first day of school. She was a little lolly-gagish around the house this morning because she said she didn't want to go. But once I read her the little description of the daily activities, she kicked it into high gear. She was a little miffed that they require tennis shoes instead of "aquareene" crocs, but I promised her that she could wear them as soon as she gets home. We got to her classroom, and she hit the floor running. I'm not quite sure she ever looked back at me. But they have this nifty interrogation room type mirror where I was able to watch her play even though she couldn't see me. I watched her abandon the puzzles for a scarf and purse ensemble and knew it was time for me to leave - all was well. I can't wait to pick her up this afternoon! Oh but wait, I have a million things to cram into the next 4 hours.

(one of her classmates touched one of her puzzle pieces...it required a moment of drama and a dirty look...)
No comments:
Post a Comment