Saturday, September 06, 2008

Back away from the...and no one gets hurt


Okay, I really don't understand or wish to understand pregnancy cravings, but dang they can just come out of no where and take control. With Megan I craved nutritious, healthy foods like green beans, fruit, cottage cheese, etc. La-la-land, granola, Whole Foods type cravings. With this pregnancy, my cravings are absolutely disgusting - things I normally don't eat. Basically, I crave a serving of fat with a side of sodium. And for dessert, I'll take another serving of both. Don't even bring a vegetable around...that pushes me over the edge. Let's see...this baby is made up of McDonald's cheeseburgers and fries, potato chips, tater tots, crackers, cheese, chocolate milk, pizza, cereal, and now Frito pie! I've eaten Frito pie for like the past 8 meals. GROSS! But oh, so good in a sick sort of way.
But as if the nasty cravings aren't enough, the other people living in my house - okay, mainly Daddy - feel like they have free reign to eat the foods that are currently on the craving radar. It's a change to have junk food in the house, so they flock to it! But how is one mean, ugly, cranky, hungry pregnant woman supposed to make a Frito pie without Fritos? When I went to bed last night, the bag was about 1/4 of the way full. This morning, when I wanted Frito pie for breakfast? None! And the other night the potato chips were gone, too. UGH. But while I was gone today, Daddy quickly replaced the Fritos so I could have Frito pie again tonight. So romantic. And tonight he asked me if I was going to eat something he took out of the fridge. Am I that scary? Perhaps.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

LOL! it took me forever to figure out what that was in the picture before i read it. and i feel ya on the complete change from first pregnancy to the second on food. i was just the same. just check out my blog post titled, "Chocolate, Chai, and Cheetos"!

nanacathy said...

Humm...sounds like maybe a boy this time...Can't believe you will be able to wait til delivery to know...In my day,(the olden days!), you didn't have the choice of knowing, and it drove me crazy...But at least it will be exciting!!! I'll bet Jeremy will be looking over your shoulder at every ultrasound, trying to check it out...HA...congrats tho....fun times!

karen said...

i think you're having a BOY !!!!!!

Kelli said...

Frito pie for breakfast? Um, yum and yet, um ewww. But I'm with you! And the vegetables thing - UGH - I can't even look at them when I'm pregnant.

Becca said...

Oh my! Yick! Once, when pregnant with my second, I craved salt in the worst way. I would get italian dressing, and before I shook it I would squeeze out lots of the oil. Then I would shake and pour it all over a whole head of chopped up iceburg lettuce. Then I would wait until the vinager soaked in and made the lettuce all wilty and eat it as fast as I could. It totally grossed out my husband but I couldn't help myself. It was so good to me. YUCK. Makes me shiver just to think about it now.

The Criners said...

Frito pie for breakfast... that is disgusting. = )

The Criners said...

oh, and btw, you're going to have to change the name of your blog soon!