
When election day finally comes and goes, I'm going to miss all of my new pals...you know all of the different "research" callers who call my house at all hours trying to delve into my political mind? Yeah, they're so nice and cordial, so I can't turn them down. Plus so far, none of them have asked me for money so free entertainment for me! And who doesn't love to be called "ma'am" while they try to butter me up to participate in their supposed 4 minute survey? Forget that they have loaded questions; my favorite when they lump 2 unrelated issues together and ask me which candidate I feel has the best answer to the problem(s). Or give me a 3 part question and only 3, 3 part answer choices. Hmmmm...those pesky trick questions. They have no idea that they just dialed a semi-retired English teacher who loves to argue semantics (hey, I have to know exactly what I'm answering) and has more opinions than they have time to hear in 4 minutes. It really is quite amusing. Don't get me wrong, I answer completely honestly, but with a little commentary here and there. The lady I had on the phone tonight said it was by far the most entertaining survey she had conducted all evening. Glad to make her job a little more enjoyable. And even more happy to contribute to the next political move by the candidates tomorrow after they compile the results from tonight's phone call surveys. Wonder which group will call tomorrow. I'd better study up...tonight I drew a blank and couldn't remember if Biden was a Senator or Congressman. Don't worry, it came to me finally.
2 comments:
hehe!! i've been so lucky to be shielded from these calls thanks to the fact that most organizations havent incorporated cell phones yet.
Oh my gosh! This made me laugh outloud!!! This is funny, people!!!
Post a Comment