Friday, September 19, 2008

The blame game

Poor Granna and Double G. Megan used a highly questionable phrase today that stopped me in my tracks. It wasn't a single cuss word or something completely recognizable, so I asked her to repeat it. I won't repeat it here for fear of offending anyone (or outing you in case you taught it to Megan), but it kinda reminded me of a Shakespearian insult; I'll refer to it as "p.a.p". Yeah, it wasn't something I ever wanted to hear cross her lips again...it called for an investigation.

Mommy: Um, Megan, who taught you that?
Megan: Granna and Double G.
Mommy: What? When? I don't think that's something Granna would say.
Megan: One time when I was little and now I am big so I can say it.
Mommy: Why did they say it?
Megan: They just told me it.

I thought for sure not, so I called them to inquire about the "p.a.p" comment. Of course they were both adamant that it was not them, which I never even thought it was, but just had to check. Granna sweetly reminded me that her accuser was the same person who found an elephant in her closet and threw Uncle Scott under the bus for pushing her down the stairs. Point taken.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

ok, you HAVE to tell us what it is! B/C I am too stupid to figure out your mommy secret code! LOL

Erica said...

I would love to, but somehow, someway, someone would be offended. Alas, just know that it probably isn't anything you've ever heard or would ever hear. Just three words, one considered vulgar at times, strung together. :)

Kari said...

Do you have any idea how many hours we have wasted trying to break the code? I am embarrassed to say we even checked out a Shakesperean Insult site. Seriously, I have issues.