Tuesday, September 16, 2008

School mornings

I hope to goodness I am not writing this same post 3 years from now when we're doing kindergarten mornings. Sheesh, school mornings around here are so frustrating! Megan lolly-gags around this house like we have 3 hours to accomplish what I've budgeted an hour and a half to do; I'd budget an extra hour and a half if I thought it would do any good. She pokes at her breakfast, gripes about clothes, and basically just stalls. Oh, she's excited to go to school, and talks about it while we're getting ready, but it's the actual process of doing anything that leads to the lolly-gagging. Here are a few actual happenings from this morning.

Megan: Come here and stand by the door while I open it (as said to someone behind her...I was in front of her).
Mommy: Who are you talking to?
Megan: The elephant that I found in the closet. She's coming with me to dance. Come on through this door (as said to the invisible elephant).
Mommy: You were supposed to be getting clothes from the closet.
Megan: Well, I found an elephant.

Megan: I will not wear pants today I want my pink dress.
Mommy: You wore your pink dress yesterday, so it is dirty.
Megan: How dirty?
Mommy: So pick another dress. This one or this one?
Megan: The pink one that is dirty with my pink glitter shoes.
Mommy: You cannot wear the pink glitter ones to school; against the rules.
Megan: What? No glitter shoes?
Mommy: Megan, I tell you this every single school day. No glitter shoes.
Megan: You do? I don't hear you.

Mommy: Megan, come here so I can get you dressed...we are going to be late. (no response)
Mommy: Megan, come here so I can get you dressed...Ms. Tiffany is waiting for you. (no response)
Mommy: Megan, come here so I can get you dressed...if you don't go to school, you can't have the Caprisun in your lunch.
Megan: I'm here. I want that Capri so hussle, hussle, Mama.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

When did she turn into a teenager? The elephant thing is priceless.

Ashley said...

Oh man- Chloe takes the cake for crappy mornings. I am amazed we make it out the door most days.

Sarah Young said...

I love, love, love reading your conversations with Megan. They truly are one of a kind. I'm sure she'll appreciate them someday when she has her own little monkeys who fry her brain cells. You can just remind her of the brain damage she gave you as a child! (I say this because my mom laughs at me whenever my kids make me crazy and tells me hmmmm, I wonder where they got that from!)