Megan and I started the day with a baby shower. It was her chance to be a grown up and hang out with the ladies. Several of my former teaching colleagues were there, and it was fun playing catch up. Some of them hadn't seen Megan since she was itty-bitty, so they enjoyed getting to know her. She enjoyed watching the Mommy open the cute little outfits and baby things. Afterwards, she told me we needed to go shopping for things for baby Karah. I asked if she wanted to shop for things for our baby and she said no. Nice. It was a beautiful shower, and we can't wait to meet baby Brylee.
After the shower we headed straight to Pappadeaux for the yearly Shannon reunion. It was a very enjoyable lunch and nice to see everyone again. We met, mingled, and caught up with relatives. I kept looking over at a young woman at another table thinking I knew her from somewhere. I finally went over to talk to her and figured out that she, and her sister, were students when I taught high school. In a round about sort of way we are related (by marriage) - weird! We talked for a while...each sharing stories about our lives since we last left the school. She asked if Megan would come talk to her, and sure enough those two hit it off! They talked about princesses, Disney World, glitter shoes, and dancing. She said she couldn't wait to see her Meg, and the new baby, next year. Papa was so sweet spend time with Megan walking through the "woods" and "rivers" out back. They looked at fish, alligators, and all things swamp.
While Papa was up and around, Megan thought it was funny to sneak drinks from his glass. Busted.
After lunch we went to Gran and Papa's to release some of Megan's pent up energy - sitting in a high chair and small room for 3 hours can be rough on a 2 year old! Gran showed her some new additions to Gran's dress-up collection, and Megan was in heaven! She fell in love with the "golden gown" and didn't even want to wear the others. I'm sure that will change over time.
After Megan had played and played, we went to dinner with Gran, Papa, and their friends Bob and Pam. It was a nice dinner and great conversation. I thought I had positioned Bob far enough away from projectile food, but unfortunately a renegade quesadilla got extremely close. How embarrassing! He was very forgiving.
From there - yeah, I thought the night was over - we went to an electronics store to check out the possibility of a new piece of equipment for the house. We're not ready for a committment yet (looking for a little more cooperation from the stock market), but it was fun to dream.
We are home, and the munchkin is in bed. I would have to say that in reflection we had such a pleasant day. Megan did extremely well without a nap, all things considered. Thanks, Gran and Papa.



2 comments:
The Golden Gown is very lovely, I must say.
Sounds like you might sleep as well as Meg tonight with such a busy, fun day! :)
Post a Comment