Monday, September 29, 2008

Just another Monday...

Not really. Can't say I've had an exciting day like this in a while.

Long story short, my friend Kelli, her two boys, Megan, and I went to Austin for the day! Yes, for the day...with a purpose. We went to see Kelli's sister Amy and her new, week old baby Jonah.

We loaded up the minivan this morning and made several potty breaks throughout the day - imagine 2 pregnant women and 3 under 4. :) We stopped for lunch and play at McDonalds and got there mid-afternoon.



The three kiddos were very excited to get out of the car, so it was very energetic and loud for a few minutes. I was good to see Amy, as I don't think I've seen her for at least 10 years. She looked so natural as a mom. Oh, Jonah is so cute and teeny. The kids were so cute around the new baby...rubbing his head and sneaking a touch. Kelli pointed out to Megan that a brother wouldn't be so bad, but her reaction was similar to, "Eh..."



The three kids and I headed to Walmart to get rid of some pent up energy and get snacks for the ride home. They were so good for me! I definitely got some looks...yeah, 3 under 4 and pregnant! :) The two oldest spent most of the shopping trip making each other crack up. It was pretty fun.



We got home this evening, Megan ate dinner, and was in bed 30 minutes after we got home. I can't imagine the boys were up much longer!

Thank goodness for the DVD player, good adult conversation, and three good kids. It was definitely a trip I would make again.

2 comments:

gmakatz said...

Oh, good. I'm so glad you and Kelly had that time together. You two cute preggo mommies going to see a teeny new one. What a special trip. Yea for the 3 good kids!!!

Ashley said...

girl, you crazy!