Tuesday, September 30, 2008

100% NERD


Long ago, when I was in middle school, Double G sent me flowers addressed to Erica, "the nerd". Little did I know how true that would still remain. But it is so true...I am a nerd in many, many ways.

It's no secret that I LOVE TO READ. Today I was invited to participate in a local book club, and I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am! I've always wanted to be in a book club but have never been invited, which is typically how to get involved in a good one. I've attended library groups that had an open invitation, but it wasn't what I was looking for. In fact, I was uninvited to return to one such group, as they actually told me that they didn't want an English teacher potentially "grading" the conversation. But this is a group of other women, some even teachers, and I can't wait to get involved. I'm bummed because the first meeting is Thursday, during Daddy's softball game, so I'll have to wait until next month. It's something to look forward to in the first week in November...oh, you know, besides the election...

3 comments:

gmakatz said...

You go, Girl!

Andrew Tolle said...

ooo how fun!!

Ashley said...

not something that i'll ever get invited to for sure. ha!