Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Check up

Today I went for my 16 week check-up. Boring. Peed in the cup, got stuck with needles (flu shot, too), and listened to the heartbeat - the best part. Oh yeah, and I got to ask my list of questions - which somehow don't sound ridiculous when I'm writing them down at home, but do when I read/ask them. Oh well, he's known me long enough to just roll his eyes and answer. I don't even mind the rolling of the eyes because I'm doing it at myself, too. I did get the okay to take Zyrtec to help with the 500 sneezes per day due to allergy season. The appointment was short, sweet, and to the point and everything is going just fine. The most important part of today's appointment was scheduling next month's appointment for the sonogram. At this point, I am still holding out on finding out what it is - and holding strong - despite the many convincing arguments people try to use to persuade me to find out the sex of the baby. The hardest at work is my own husband. We'll see. After today's appointment, my cute (plotting) husband took me out to lunch. It was just the two of us, and it was very nice. Even then he took the opportunity to make sure I still know that he wants to find out the sex of the baby next month...covertly slipped into the conversation a few times. Never passes up a chance....

6 comments:

Becca said...

16 weeks! Holy Cow girl! You are really coming along! Not finding out? I could never do that! I am way too impatient!!! Good for you though.

Kelli said...

I could never do that, either, but kudos for you if you do. Could maybe Jeremy find out and you not? I know someone who did that.

nanacathy said...

Yeah...ashley has a big fat tub of baby boy clothes she can't decide what to do with...are you sure???? The way Jobe explained it, it is still a surprise...either next month or at delivery...ha!!

Erica said...

No one is helping me!! Jeremy agrees with Jobe...it'll be a surprise in the sono room.

Kari said...

Hey, it's okay to let Jeremy have his way once and a while. That's not fair...I really am just dying to know myself. How selfish can I be????

Erica said...

Oh, now that's a new low, Keeks. Using Jeremy to further your agenda??? :) Pretty dang smart!