
We decided that we would welcome fall today with some fall craft time. We did three pumpkin/jack-o-lantern projects, and Megan couldn't have been more enjoyable if I'd bribed her with fruit snacks. I usually steer clear of crafts and or messy projects with her because I am so extremely impatient and linear. I buy all the stuff (jackpot at Dollar Tree), but I never get brave enough to use it. Today Megan and I were both mellow, so it just seemed right.
First, we painted a pumpkin and all of the surrounding area orange. Megan was so funny the first time I squirted paint on her plate. She said, "Okay, dat's enough for right now but when I need more paint I'll yell Mommy, I need more paint and you can gimme some more right dere." My plan exactly. Then the plate was already so orange that I figured she might as well paint that and decorate it too.


For all three crafts, she did most everything. I curled the pipecleaners, drew the spots for the face on the puffy pumpkin, and made the frowny face (at her request). But she did the rest including the glue (oh, I am so proud of myself for keeping my cool) and choosing the colors for the pink eyes, white nose, and aquareene mouth. She also followed the lines from the pattern to cut the eyes and nose.

Afterwards, I let her loose with the scissors and paper. She cracks me up...so intense and involved in just snip snippin' away with no particular design in mind. I sat and watched her for about 20 minutes...really stopped to smell the roses and enjoy her little mind at work. Then I picked up the video camera. Megan unplugged.

2 comments:
I love that video! Her little mind works so hard! All over the place! I love the "pen, pen, are you under dere? pen, pen, where are you?"! So cute!
From a fourth grade writing teacher, I was thrilled to hear her say, "There's a bigger one, I THOUGHT." That's funny. She has quite a vocabulary! I am so proud of you - paint, glue, and scissor all in one day? Who knew?
Post a Comment