Sunday, September 21, 2008

Oh, for Pete's sake!

All of Megan's dresses were dirty, so dang, I had to do laundry. I gathered each dress, with her help, and then found out that only 3 of the 8 dresses she owns are acceptable anymore - according to her. NOW, she has decided that she cannot wear any dresses with ties or pockets (apparently those requirements do not cross over into dress up clothes) and ALL dresses must match the pink glitter shoes. Therefore blue and purple dresses are now out of the question. Basically we are down to the polka dot dress, the pink dress, and the flower dress. And when I came at her with a blue dress earlier, you would've thought it was with a pick axe. She took off screaming and crying like the dress was going to physically hurt her to wear it...which is very similar to how she acts if we come at her with pants or a shirt. From the tom-boyish mom to the toddler: I do not comprehend this behavior! Isn't a dress, is a dress, is a dress? *I wonder what it would be like to have a boy...*

1 comment:

Becca said...

Hate to break it to ya, but it will probably get worse as she gets older. Mine is.