And for once, I am not talking about my kid. I am spoiled rotten. I'll try to keep this short.
My mom left town for the week. She called Monday morning to tell me that she had brisket and a huge pan of "funeral potatoes" (hashbrown/potato casserole for you non-potluck folks) leftover from Sunday dinner in the fridge that we could have. I'm not one to turn down free food, so I picked it up right away. I brought it home, and shared the brisket with the family, but over the next few days I ate the entire pan of potato casserole. It was so dang good. I even accused my mom of lacing it with illegal drugs to make me want more. Let's just say it was several helpings worth. Several.
Wednesday, I called my mom to let her know that it was time for her to come home since I was out of potato casserole :)! She said ha, ha funny joke, but offered me the recipe. HA! Another funny joke since hmmmm...don't things just taste better when someone else cooks them? She called yesterday to let me know they were on their way home, and I said, "Oh, so I can have potato casserole at around 2 a.m.?" We exchanged some humorous banter about it and then ended the conversation. Apparently after she hung up with me, Granna and Double G worked feverishly to send home a potato casserole with my mom. Later my mom called to see if indeed I would be up at 2 a.m. for casserole when they drove past, but my question to her about the 2 a.m. casserole earlier in the day was a joke!!! After I apologized profusely, we agreed I'd get it in the morning.
Sure enough, I picked up the casserole at 9:30 this morning, and I have already had 3 plates full! Yum-o! Thank you for the thought and the yummy food. I promise I will keep my mouth shut next time and cook it myself!! (I think of you guys with every bite!)
Best Sleep Apnea Machine at Manchester
6 years ago
2 comments:
Lol! Don't you dare keep your mouth shut. I love these kind of exchanges; they keep me giggling and keep us 'connected'. Mmmm, mmmm, mmmmmmmm, potato casserole. The sad part is that you probably won't even want to see it after 'Lil Bump' gets here.
Oh. My. Gosh. I loooooooove potato casseroles. Um, yum, and I'm jealous and I'm on my way over.
Post a Comment