
I got a call from Megan's preschool teacher at 1:00 p.m. (school does not get out until 2:30 p.m.). She said that Megan had hurt her arm and was completely inconsolable. She said that she and another teacher had tried to calm her down for over 15 minutes, with no luck, and that she was darn near hysterical (Megan, not the teacher). I went to the school to pick her up. When I got there, she was the most hysterical I've ever seen her. Mrs. Tiffany said it was very strange...Megan was on her nap mat, kind of tossing and turning, but lying face down on her arms. When another teacher came in the room, Megan jolted to the side to see her and screamed bloody murder. They thought maybe she was scared of her, so picked her up, only to have her start crying out of control. They finally got her settled down enough to find out that her elbow hurt. When she called, I just figured Megan was exhausted and milking it for all it was worth. But when I walked in, I could tell she was hurting. We have her at home right now with ice on the elbow...waiting it out to see if something magically cures it. Although she won't even suck that thumb when the other hand is completely occupied, so perhaps that is the indicator that something is really wrong. We'll see.
3 comments:
How weird! Kids are so tough, but it's strange how sometimes a very little thing can injure them. Like when Fynn broke his leg just going down the slide, such a freaky little thing. I hope it heals soon. Let us know what's going on.
Sounds like maybe a dislocated elbow? We've had that before w/Scott.
that is so sad! :( i hope she gets better
Post a Comment